Blissful Ignorance and Powerful Knowledge

 



Countamani
Blog Buddies
Hot Spots
GYAN IN A TRAIN
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
The "gyan" in the title,in other words,refers to height of irritation.I was caught in a predicament in which I couldnt figure out,till the end,whether to voice my view or not.

I was travelling to tambaram,sitting in an electric train.A middle aged man boarded the train at st.thomas mount and sat near me.The next moment he opened his mouth and didnt shut it till Tambaram,talking nonsense nonstop.He started with Karunanithi and Jayalalitha, suffixing each name with a famous word in tamil that starts with 'O'.Karunanithi Jayalalitha ---ivanga rendu perum ozhinjaa thaan indha tamizhnaadu uruppadum (TN can prosper only if Jaya and karunanithi exit the scene).

This fellow asked the question "What good have you done in your life?" to his co-passengers including me.As expected most of us were speechless.It was not because we havent done anything useful but because we were in no mood to answer his question.I was put off by the smell of beer coming from his mouth.

While that fellow kept mouthing DMK ,ADMK ,Vaiko etc,we remained mum.It is dangerous to use such terms in public but that fellow didnt seem to care.I was hoping that he would stop but all of a sudden Tambaram station never seemed to show up.

What I'm trying to emphasise here is that never discuss serious politics, in public,to the extent that others are all ears to it.It might me dangerous.

Property of Sheks @ 9:28 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

Name: Sheks
Home: Madras, TamilNadu, India
About Me:
Complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Powered by
BLOGGER
© Blissful Ignorance and Powerful Knowledge