Blissful Ignorance and Powerful Knowledge

 



Countamani
Blog Buddies
Hot Spots
ONE FRONTIER FALLS!
Saturday, October 01, 2005
Yesterday was a great day for me.Various thoughts crossed my mind when I noticed "Vetri" printed against mithuna raasi in the daily-sheet calendar,one page of which I tear everyday w/o fail.But that soon turned into reality.

The announcement that classes were suspended for the rest of the day came just after my lecturer completed his 2 hour lecture on Engineering Quality Control.The next thing I did was,head straight to the audi where the intra-college literary fest,Agni,was going on.I entered the audi only to find the compere announce the results of the general quiz and sports quiz.I then joined the gang of mechanical engineers which seemed to be having a conference.It was not a conference,but some 7 guys had joined hands to crack the 5*5 sudoku tht was handed over to everyone.

The announcement for the automotive quiz came and thanx to my rapport with them,two mech guys invited me to join them.My team had a perfect blend of skills with me the 2-wheeler expert,one F1 expert,Vikram, who knew little about 2ws and the third,the topper of mech dept,Suganth,who was well-versed with the underlying technology.The combination worked and we qualified for the finals.Some questions from the prelims,with answers:
*Connect Hindujas and Ashok Leyland---Hindujas own AL
*
Youngest F1 champion--Alonso
*
Expand SOHC--single overhead camshaft
*CRDi--Common Rail Direct Injection
*MPFi--Multi point fuel injection
*AGV--Automated guided vehicle
*Meaning of 800 in maruti 800--cubic capacity of engine
*first person to start production lines--Henry Ford
*Plant coming up at Maraimalai Nagar---BMW assembly
There were many other technical questions like turbo lag,use of differential etc.which were deftly handled by Suganth.

The finals started 30 minutes late.There were four teams in all.The questions were segmented as Business,History,Visuals and Latest trends,in 4 rounds.My team was leading till the latest trends round after which the visuals flummoxed us.The logos seemed to be those of cars used in 1765B.C.This was where we screwed up.My only contribution in the final was the answer to "Which car do Abishek bachan and rani mukherjee endorse in Bunty aur Babli?"We,in the third team,waited patiently after which we coolly replied "maruti Swift".

After the quiz I headed straight to the ground to do the scoring for an inter-dept cricket match.By the time I reached home,I was totally exhausted.

I'm yet to receive the prize.I just hope it doesnt turn out to be a gift voucher to be redeemed in mahaveer optics or in pattikkaattaan mittai kadai.
**************************************************
The overwhelming response to my previous post encouraged me to write more mokkais.Here's one more.

The difference between perseverance and obstinacy is that the former is full of will and the latter,full of won't.
Property of Sheks @ 11:38 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

Name: Sheks
Home: Madras, TamilNadu, India
About Me:
Complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Powered by
BLOGGER
© Blissful Ignorance and Powerful Knowledge