Blissful Ignorance and Powerful Knowledge

 



Countamani
Blog Buddies
Hot Spots
35 MILES FOR NOTHING!
Saturday, May 28, 2005
There are certain things that have been pending in my life for more than a year.I last watched a movie in sathyam in 2003.I last window-shopped,bird-watched in spencer plaza in 2004 may.I last went to mayajaal in 2004 jan.To break the jinx,I decided to watch Bunty aur babli in mayajaal,yesterday.
I along with my classmate started off from tiruvanmiyur in my "ever-reliable" splendor.As luck would have it,the fuel gauge that was beyond the "reserve" mark had now dropped below it.After fuelling it in palavakkam,I set off again maintaining the speed @ 50kmph to be economical.
We reached mayajaal @ 2.Both of us had only 100 bucks each.We headed to the ticket counter and asked for 2 tickets.The guy @ the counter quoted the price--300."300?",I asked."Yes boss",he replied."80 illiyaa?",I asked again."Illa boss",he answered.I changed my mind and decided to watch Kaal.Again the price,he quoted was 300.Needless to say anything we both left.
Entertainment tax had been reduced from 25% to 15%.Then how come mayajaal alone hikes ticket prices?
I was disappointed @ not being able to show my friend,who had come all the way from kovilpatti,what a multiplex theatre is.Not wanting to disappoint him,I decided to show him muttukadu and kovalam.
I rambled along and after MGM,my friend instantly recognised the bridge where the climaxes of "gentleman" and "avvai shanmugi" were shot.At kovalam,I saw a sign that read "Kelambakkam-4kms" with an arrow pointing right.I turned right and reached Kelambakkam.That was when I discovered that I was in kanchipuram district.
I showed my friend,Hindustan college(thought of meeting sandhya,but decided against it),2 TCS,2 CTS,Infy and all those engg colleges that came in the way.I reached karapakkam and spotted a sign showing KCG college of technology with a sign pointing into a street that looked like wat they call "sandhu" in tamil.I went along and saw a lake.Right in front of the lake at the far end of the road was the college hardly noticeable frm IT hi-way.

I returned to ITH and went along to tiruvanmiyur non-stop.I dropped my friend in the bus terminus where he said "A multiplex outside the city is a good excuse for the high rates."What a waste of time and fuel,I thought as I started off home after seeing my friend off.But wait,I have 100 bucks with me.What do I do with it?There was a newspaper stall in front of me.The latest India-Today was beckoning me.This time it is Lalu yadav on the cover.Grab it!
Property of Sheks @ 12:55 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

Name: Sheks
Home: Madras, TamilNadu, India
About Me:
Complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Powered by
BLOGGER
© Blissful Ignorance and Powerful Knowledge