Blissful Ignorance and Powerful Knowledge

 



Countamani
Blog Buddies
Hot Spots
ALL IN A NAME
Saturday, December 03, 2005
I did a mini research about my name.I was christened Chandrasekhar at birth but that unofficially became Sekhar.It may take ages before I revert to my former name but this present name is like a "laghukatha"(short story)which I learnt in 10th std hindi.The story may be short but there's a great deal of info hidden in it.My name's no exception.

Most people add their birthplaces to their names or append it later as in "guduvancheri govindasamy","tambaram thaandavarayan","dumeelkuppan vavvaal"etc.My name has a place's name embedded in it.seKHAR.Khar is a suburban town near mumbai(analogous to tambaram for chennai).But I'm not from mumbai.

Though I've made that last statement,evidences of being a mumbai guy come to light when u pronounce my name as it falls on the lines of tendulkar,agarkar,manjrekar,gavaskar,kanitkar etc.

The first part of my former name suggests I must be from the moon.Neither am i from the moon nor do I possess a face as bright as the moon.

I share my name with many famous chaps like shekhar suman,s.v.shekhar,shekhar gupta(editor of indian express)and probably the best,Dileep Shekhar(who's better known as A.r.Rahman).

****************************
24 more days to go for that fateful day two days before which Christ was born and one day before which the sea met land.The next day---guess what happened??
Property of Sheks @ 7:23 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

Name: Sheks
Home: Madras, TamilNadu, India
About Me:
Complete profile
Previous Posts
Archives
Powered by
BLOGGER
© Blissful Ignorance and Powerful Knowledge